Design Roots has everything you need for Junior Cycle Wood Technology, with exciting projects, engaging content and active learning.
- The unique problem-driven approach develops creativity
- Learning Outcomes are identified at the start of each chapter and are unpacked into achievable Learning Intentions
- The strong visual approach, with clear photographs, diagrams, mind maps and videos makes the learning accessible and fun
- Students are guided through the design-thinking process
- Active Learning activities support the development of the eight Key Skills and integrate Junior Cycle strategies such as Stop and Jot and KWL
- End of Chapter Assessments offer a range of activities to suit all abilities
- Wood Science in Our Environment: Research Topics provide exemplar research activities that prepare students for CBA 1
- Self-Assessment Checklists and Top Tips for the Junior Cycle Project help prepare students for CBA 2 and the Final Assessment Project
The Design Roots package includes:
Design Roots Project and Activity Book: Guides students through a choice of 22 problem-driven projects and provides useful revision questions for each chapter of the textbook
The Design Roots Author Team
Keelin Leahy is the Course Director of the Teacher Education Degree Programme, Technology Education, at the University of Limerick. She holds a PhD in design-based teaching strategies for second-level education. She played a key role in the development of the Junior Cycle Wood Technology Specification, and is an Advising Examiner with the SEC.
Ruairí Farrell is a practising Wood Technology teacher with 10 years’ experience. He teaches in St Laurence College, Loughlinstown, Co. Dublin.
Book Covering Service
FYFFES offer a fully professional school book covering service using the Filfix book covering system.
Each book costs €0.80 to be covered. Landscape books cannot be covered.
How it works
If you want to get your school books covered, click here to put the required number of Book Covers in your cart before you check out.
If there's anything else you need us to know about your order, drop us a note in an email or at checkout.
Shipping & Returns
Click and Collect option available in store. Call to arrange pick-up time.
We offer FREE delivery on Gift Voucher purchases.
We offer FREE delivery on all purchases over €70.00 Posted with An Post Track & Trace
We charge €6.75 per delivery for purchases less than €70.00 Posted with An Post Track & Trace.
Return within 14 days to change size or obtain a full refund.
Please phone us on 057 873 1272 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you require more detailed information.